If you’re wondering whether or not to get a tummy tuck, here are the pros and cons of the procedure.
The Pros of a Tummy Tuck
1. The main advantage of this procedure is a flatter, firmer and tighter tummy. The procedure eliminates excess skin and removes fat around the stomach.
2. A trimmer waistline. This is another plus if you’re wanting to trim down that waist. A tummy tuck gives your waist a beautiful shape.
3. Removal of stretch marks. Another big advantage is the elimination of stretch marks, something women who have gone through pregnancy seek out a tummy tuck for.
4. A tummy tuck is a major confidence boost. Having a fitter, flatter body greatly increases confidence and offers more choices for clothing.
The Cons of a Tummy Tuck
1. The risks. With any procedure there are medical risks and this is major surgery, after all. So patients do risk certain complications and in extreme cases death. It’s important to seek out a skilled and certified surgeon before going under the knife.
2. Scarring. Scarring is another surgical risk. It is an essential point that needs to be discussed with the doctor before deciding to have a tummy tuck.
3. Long recovery times. The recovery period for a tummy tuck can take a little longer than a standard recovery due to several reasons. If you want to get back to work quickly you’re going to have to think carefully about having a tummy tuck. Think about your agenda before booking the operation.
4. A costly exercise. The recovery for your wallet is also lengthy when it comes to a tummy tuck. While you certainly cannot put a price tag on your self-worth and confidence, you will need to carefully contemplate the costs of the procedure. But do keep in mind that a tummy tuck is worthwhile as long as you can afford it.
A tummy tuck is a highly efficient way to become slimmer, fitter and firmer in a very short space of time. The surgery offers a great many benefits but, in the end, it is surgery and you do need to weight up the cons before you make the big decision to go under that knife. Whether you’re looking to get rid of stretch marks, get rid of excess fat after losing a lot of weight or simply want to gain confidence with a smaller waistline, a tummy tuck will offer you grand results.